If you are a housewife looking for ways to make some extra money by working something from home, finding the right opportunity that can be accommodated by your busy life is tough. But, in case you happen to possess fairly good baking and cake making skills, it would not be difficult for you to have a business of your own. And the best thing is that you can control it from the comfort of your abode. Here are some effective tips that you will find useful:
- First of all, decide an appropriate name for your cake business. However, avoid over thinking and coming up with complicated names. The title of your trade should be simple enough for incorporating any future changes.
- In the next step, obtain an Australian Business Number in order to operate your trade legally. It is absolutely free and would take only around 40 minutes or so online.
- Set up online platform through which people would be able to find your business. There are plenty of ways to do so – creating a twitter handle, setting up a Facebook page, and so on. Also, create an email account solely for the purpose of handling transactions.
- Get your cake business registered – it costs a very meagre amount and does not require anymore than 40 minutes.
- Order business cards from any good service provider online. They are very affordable and won’t even feel like an expense.
- It is imperative that you obtain a valid Food License right from the local council. It would cost you nearly $400, but the process is not complicated at all.
- Gather the tools of your trade, including tins, oven, spatula, mixing bowl, scales, handheld beater, fridge and piping bags. In addition to these, you will also need cake stands, so find a good Perspex fabrication company in Sydney and have them design some elegant cake stands.
- Order packaging for your cakes from any good local place, and you would be able to make savings on postage fees.
- Advertise your cake business on various local listing sites. Also, approach restaurants and cafes with free samples. Above all, inform your family and friends.
Thus, by investing some time and effort in observing these tips, you can easily own a cake business and control it without leaving your home. In addition to all of that, if your budget allows it, you can even have a website for representing your trade in a more professional way.